Dealing With 10-Week Post Hair
I doubt I’m the only one that finds it difficult dealing with 9+ weeks worth of new growth, but none of the “conventional” solutions seem tobe working for me anymore. I’m currently at 11 weeks and the last 2 weeks have been challenging! I fully understand why some opt to make their life simpler and relax sooner to avoid all the drama. This month has been an expensive one for me so I’m prolonging the salon visit as long as possible. My biggest challenge is breakage (probably one of the most devastating setbacks you can experience).
Over the past couple weeks I have been experimenting , trying to find foolproof techniques to deal with the new growth. I tried a couple things that I might add, have worked for me before, but this summer they’re not having the same results. For instance, cowashing and wet-bunning…I love this technique; it’s quick and easy and I don’t have to spend time rollersetting and drying. Works great usually but it hasn’t been working for my rebellious hair in the past few weeks. Frustrated I took matters into my own hands (literally) and determined it was time for some non-conventional solutions.
Last weekend was the eureka moment! This my friends is what has worked for me and keep my hair soft all week long. At 11-weeks post this is close to miracle status.
- Shampoo with Keracare Sulfate Free Moisturizing Shampoo. 2-3 lathers.
- Light protein treatment with Abba Color Protect Conditioner.
- Deep condition with Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner.
- Apply mix of Leave-ins: Lacio Lacio and Keracare Essential Oils for hair.
- Covered hair with a plastic cap and went about my chores for a couple hours.
- Applied heat protectant – Fantasia IC Organic Carrot Growth Serum
- Blow dried on low. Started with wide toothed comb then switched to Denman brush.
- When dried, parted small sections and applied Karen’s Body Beautiful Hair Butter in Vanilla Latte to roots and scalp.
When done my hair smelt amazing and was manageable. I couldn’t believe how much it had transformed from just a couple hours before. I’m trying this technique again this weekend. Hopefully the results are just as good this time around.